Project Engineering Lead
Project Engineering Lead (PEL)
A Project Engineering Lead (PEL) is required to join a growing engineering team.
This lead role will primarily focus on engineering development and delivery of Technology Demonstrator programme, providing management, technical direction and leadership in conjunction with the Chief Engineer.
Responsibilities for the Project Engineering Lead include:
• Taking responsibility for the Engineering schedule, budget and engineering milestone adherence.
• Working closely with the Chief Engineer and Customer/End User to agree technical solutions and manage customer expectations.
• Being responsible for creating and owning the Engineer Management Plan and ensuring that the engineering aspects of the project are delivered in accordance with Company Life Cycle Management, legislative standards.
• Taking responsibility for planning and managing the maturity design views.
• Promoting and IT approach during customer engagement and facilitate compliant cost effective solutions with stakeholders, customers, end users, partners and subcontractors.
• Ensuring the Engineering Programme is delivering proposed solutions, adhering to risks and opportunities are identified, estimates are validated, plans are produced, reviews are held, reporting mechanisms re in place.
• Provide leadership to multi-disciplined, integrated engineering teams through the product lifecycle, delivering on budget.
• Supporting the management of Suppliers and project Make or Buy decisions.
• Control project configuration and change management.
• Working closely with the Project Chief Engineer, resolving technical or programme conflicts, ensuring the design rationale is documented.
• Providing input into the Project Engineering Manager reporting structure and Integrated Business Management framework in a timely manner.
• Coaching and mentoring other engineers.
Ensuring effective implementation of the company’s Lifecycle Management, including Design and Gate reviews and processes including:
• Agreeing qualification and acceptance criteria and design certification.
• Validating and meeting targets for Development and Design Maturity.
• Responsibility for all engineering aspects of monthly Project Performance reviews.
Essential for the Project Engineering Lead:
• Have a degree in a relevant engineering or science subject.
• Typically meets the requirements for registration as a Chartered Engineer with the IET.
• Budget control.
• Experienced in managing Engineer teams across multiple disciplines.
• Knowledge of Engineering Lifecycle and business process.
• Excellent understanding of software and hardware systems.
Please be aware this role requires the successful candidate to undergo Security Clearance. Unfortunately in this instance we are unable to consider anyone with visa constraints.
On offer is an excellent benefits packing, including flexible working, generous pension and cycle to work scheme.
Please send all Project Engineering Lead applications to Carey Gee. I look forward to hearing from you.